The Microsoft Windows Defender software is a valuable tool that is used by the Microsoft to protect the computers running on different versions of Windows operating systems. It is capable to protect the computers from the malicious virus, malware, and spyware. However, sometimes it is observed that the Microsoft Windows Defender software responds slowly or stops working. It is also reported that the application failed to initialize. If you are a Windows XP user, then you need to read this post to resolve the issue. In this post, I’ve helped you figure out how to write a blog post intro by explaining the goal of the blog post and what information the reader will need to know. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. Here is the outline for this
Microsoft’s Windows Defender is one of the included security features of the Windows Operating System (OS). If a Windows Defender application fails to initialize, either because it is corrupt or because there are issues with the computer’s registry, you may find yourself unable to use the Windows Defender program. To resolve the Windows Defender application failed to initialize error, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Defender program or you can try to repair the computer’s registry.
If not, this may be the reason why Windows Defender does not initialize. You can configure the Windows Defender startup type as follows.
4. Registering DLL files for Windows Defender again
- Type cmd in Windows Search and select Run as administrator to run the command prompt with full privileges.
- Type the following commands in sequence and press Enter after each command:
- regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
- Restart Windows after re-registering the DLL files.
Finally, re-registering Windows Defender DLL files can also fix error 00106ba, so make sure you follow the simple steps above.
5. Install the latest updates
Since Windows Defender is part of Windows 10, it receives updates through Windows Update. So if the problem is widespread, there’s a good chance Microsoft is working on a solution.
To check if a patch is available, go to Settings, select Update and Security, and then click Check for Updates.
6. Delete the last update
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings application.
- After opening the Settings application, go to Update & Security.
- Go to the Windows Update tab and click Update History.
- Click on the Remove Updates button.
- A list of installed updates is now displayed. Select the problem update you want to remove and click the Uninstall button.
- After removing the update, restart your computer.
On the contrary, this might be the last Windows update that truly destroys Windows Defender.
If you think this is the case, it is best to uninstall the latest update. Follow the steps described above to do this.
7. Start the SFC scan
- Open the command prompt as administrator as described in the previous solution.
- Type the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to complete (this may take some time).
- When a solution is found, it is automatically applied.
- Now close the command prompt and restart the computer.
If Windows Defender files are corrupted, chances are you’ll see all sorts of errors, including this one. To check if the files have been recovered, run an SFC scan.
It is a command line utility that scans the system for potentially damaged system files and restores them (if possible).
8. Restart the Security Center service
- Go to Search, type Services, and open the Services application.
- Scroll down and find the Security Center service.
- Right-click the Security Center service and select Restart.
- Wait for the system to restart the service.
- Restart your computer.
Like the Windows Defender service itself, the Security Center service is essential to the operation of Windows Defender.
If this service is not working properly, we will restart it to make it work again.
9. Modify group policies
- Press Windows + R and type gpedit.msc. Now press the Enter key or OK.
- When the Group Policy Editor opens, go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender Antivirus in the left pane.
- In the right pane, double-click Disable Windows Defender.
- Select Not configured and press Apply and OK to save your changes.
If none of the above solutions solve the problem, you can try changing the group policy.
Here are some of the best ways to solve the 00106ba error code. If you still can’t launch Windows Defender after applying these patches, read this full article for more solutions.
10. Installing a third-party antivirus software
Windows Defender is not a bad security solution, but it has some problems and bugs like this.
You can just ignore the problems and buy a third-party antivirus program, such as. B. the outstanding software recommended below that bypasses the standard security application.
This utility is extremely easy to install and use, although it has advanced, multi-layered security technologies that protect all your devices, not just your PC.
Yes, it can also protect your mobile phone, router and webcam and ensure that your online transactions are never hacked.
ESET Internet Security
Clear your head with Windows Defender and get fast, reliable virus protection for your devices.
We can close our guide and hope that you have successfully solved the problem Application Could 00106ba Windows Defender Not Initialize and get it working again.
If it still gives you a headache, you can always replace it with one of the best unlimited antivirus programs on our list.
If you have any other solutions or tips to solve this problem, please leave a comment in the section below.